Knockout Knits Local Release Party!

Oh what a night.... Knitting Etc (my LYS) threw me a fantabulous release party for Knockout Knits on Friday evening! There were knitters, friends from near and far, snacks, wine and CAKE! Luckily I remembered to deputize my dear friend to take pics... so I can share the event with you!
So fun to watch knitters perusing through the book for projects!
I learned quickly to keep my handwriting neat : )!
Many designs from the book were out... and lots of fondling was had! (and yarn bought!)
Mo and  I getting to talk IRL for the first time : )!
Meet Chelsey... who taught me to knit at a playdate when our girls were toddlers!
CAKE! (Pro Tip: at Wegman's they will print an image onto edible paper for you!)
We learned that 10 year old girls REALLY like the Cha-Ching Mitts (on the cover!)
Pretty much the best montage I have ever made of just a few of my favorite people who came on Friday!
Sorry to those of you missing from these photos.. rest assured I know you were there and am thrilled you could celebrate with me... starting my fall events at home was more than I could have hoped for! Thankyou Hickory, Steven, Dawn, Robin and all the Knitting Etc staff for throwing a PARTY!

Next up: This weekend I'll be at Lion Brand Yarns in New York City  for a book signing and classes and at Trillium Yarns at their new home in Morristown, New Jersey! WOOT!

Comments

  1. So fun! Wish I was closer. Congratulations on an awesome book release

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only Knitting Etc. was still my LYS... so great to see so many familiar faces in those photos (Hickory! Julibeth! Meredith!). Makes me miss you gals even more! Congratulations on your first book Laura, way to knock it out of the park... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures!!! And your friend who taught you to knit must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Laura! I tell everyone that you taught me to knit socks at Squam. Are you interested in doing any promotion in Boston? You're always welcome chez Sweeney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kathleen! If I make it there I promise to get in touch : )!

      Delete
  5. just beautiful Laura...thanks for sharing.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a beautiful book! Your photos were so great, I smiled the whole time I was looking at them. By the end, I felt that I had been at your party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment